Dengue Fever: Effective Home Remedies You Must Try
New Delhi: Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease which affects a huge population every year. High fever, headaches, pain behind the eyes, fatigue, joint pain, skin rash, nausea and vomiting are some symptoms of dengue. Here are some remedies which can help you control dengue and its complications.
- Papaya Leaves Juice
How to cure dengue by consuming papaya leaves for dengue fever:
- Pull a fresh papaya leaf from the plant and cut it into slices.
- Make sure you don’t remove the veins from the leaf. Mix the papaya leaves with 3 teaspoons of cold water.
- Ground the mixture and strain it
- Consume the papaya leaves for dengue fever treatment at least 3 times a day.
Note: Papaya leaves for dengue fever shouldn’t be consumed if you are:
- Allergic to papain compound or latex.
- Undergoing or have already undergone surgery.
- Tulsi Chai or Basil Leaf Tea
How to cure dengue by consuming tulsi chai for dengue treatment
- Take ten to fifteen basil leaves
- Boil them in water
- After the water starts boiling, let the mixture come back to normal temperature.
- Drink this mixture three to five times a day depending on the gravity of the disease
- Consume this even after the symptoms recede, for the next two days
- Alternately, you can also chew ten to fifteen basil leaves four times a day.
Note: Basil leaves for dengue fever shouldn’t be consumed if:
- You are a patient of a bleeding disorder
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are pregnant
- You are diabetic
- Drink Plenty of Water
Dengue fever causes extreme fever, body pain and weakness, patients suffer from immense fluid loss causing dehydration due to high fever and vomiting. Therefore, it is crucial that one consumes large amounts of liquids (preferably of warm or hot temperature) to keep yourself well hydrated and maintain the electrolyte balance of the body.
- Pomegranate Juice
Consuming pomegranate juice is also one of the home remedies for dengue fever. Blood platelet counts can be given a boost if you consume pomegranate juice. Moreover, consuming the same also helps to reduce cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and has other health benefits for the heart.
- Giloy juice
Giloy juice is a well-known remedy for dengue fever. Giloy juice improves metabolism and builds immunity. Strong immunity helps in fighting dengue fever effectively. It helps in increasing the platelet count and gives relief to the patient. You can boil two small stems of giloy plant in a glass of water. Consume this water when it is little warm. You can also add few drops of giloy juice to a cup of boiled water and drink this twice a day. But make sure that you do not over-consume giloy juice.
Comments are closed.