Dahi ke Sholay – Recipe For This Must Try Snack
Bhubaneswar: “Dahi ke Sholay” is a very good starter recipe for all parties. Hung curd with some spices and loads of veggies stuffed in bread rolled and deep-fried is “Dahi ke Sholay(Sholey)”.
Ingredients for Dahi ke Sholay:
- Hung yogurt 1 cup
- Processed cheese grated 1/2 cup
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green peas crushed 2 tablespoons
- Corn kernels crushed 2 tablespoons
- Medium onion finely chopped 1
- Dried mango powder (amchur) 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- White bread 8-12 slices
- Refined flour slurry for brushi
- Oil to deep fry
Step 1 – Mix together yogurt, cheese, green chillies, coriander leaves, green peas, corn, onion, dried mango powder, chilli powder and salt in a bowl.
Step 2 – Trim the edges of bread slices and flatten them. Place a portion of yogurt mixture on one side of each slice, brush edges with slurry and roll into cylinders.
Step 3 – Heat sufficient oil in a Kadai (wok). Deep-fry the bread rolls till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
Step 4 – Serve hot with green chutney.