Bhubaneswar: In the wake of a fresh spike in the number of COVID-19 infection in some States, Odisha Government today issued fresh guidelines.
Here’re the guidelines by the SRC for strict implementation of COVID-19 safety protocols in the State:
- District and Police Authorities shall check and ensure strict observance of COVID-l9 safety protocols such as mandatory wearing of mask, maintaining physical distancing in all public places including work places and educational institutions.
- Public awareness through loudspeaker announcements is to be made frequently in all market places, haat and other places.
- Concerned authorities of Government and private offices/ institutions including educational institutions shall be responsible for due compliance of the COVID19 safety protocols in their respective establishments.
- Large congregations must be avoided and wherever permission has been granted for marriages, other social/ religious functions, sports, entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ any other gathering/ congregations, compliance of the COVID-19 safety protocols and crowd size in such gatherings shall be strictly monitored. Under no circumstances, persons more than the number permitted shall be entertained in all such gatherings.
- Adequate and strict sanitation measures are to be maintained in schools, colleges, other educational institutions and Anganwadi Centres. The teachers and concerned authorities shall ensure observance of “COVID-19 safety protocols such as mandatory wearing of mask, maintaining physical distancing and provision of thermal scanning & hand wash or use of sanitizer by the students, teachers, staff and others.
- Any person found with COVID-19 symptoms must be immediately reported to the nearest health institution and necessary further action be taken as per advice of the health authorities.
- Nothing other than the curricular activities shall be allowed in educational institutions.
- Hotels, restaurants, dhabas and other places of public eating must be closely monitored by the police authorities so as to ensure strict compliance of physical distancing norms and other safety protocols.
- Senior officers of the district administration will visit different places/institutions to ascertain and ensure COVID-19 safety protocol compliance. Persons violating the COVID-19 Guidelines/ Protocols may be penalised under the relevant provisions of law.
- Strong penal action shall be taken against the persons violating the COVID-19 Guidelines/ safety protocols. Shops and other commercial establishments found violating such norms may be sealed and action as per law be taken against such violators.