Bhubaneswar: Odisha Health Dept Secretary PK Mohapatra today asked all the Collectors and Municipal Commissioners to identify session sites for COVID-19 vaccination of registered healthcare workers.
In a letter to the Collectors of all Districts and Commissioners of Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela Municipal Corporations, the Additional Chief Secretary to Government, H & FW Dept, PK Mohapatra asked to identify suitable session site with facilities for waiting room, vaccination room & observation room for vaccination of Health Care Workers (HCWs) in the first phase.
He also asked to form a five-member team for each session site for COVID-19 vaccination of Registered Health Care Workers in the state.
The Health Dept ACS also mentioned the steps to be taken during the process:-
- The session site for HCWs shall be identified in Health Institutions i.e. PHC & above.
- In each block / Urban unit, session sites must be identified with adequate facility for waiting room, vaccination room & observation room. Preferably, one session site at CHC, Head Quarter & other at PHC with ILR facility. Similarly, the session site at SDH / DHH /Medical Colleges /Big Private Hospital shall be identified.
- The block / urban Task Force Members shall conduct an assessment of each site well before and submit the same to the district after finalization.
- The five-member team including vaccinator must be identified for each session site and they should be oriented on their role & responsibilities. Also, one Supervisor per three-session sites shall be identified for effective monitoring.
- One trained Medical Officer shall be entrusted at the session site for AEFI Management.
- All logistic arrangements like sitting arrangement, immunization logistics, Anaphylaxis kit / AEFI kit, signage, toilet & handing washing, drinking water facility etc. for conducting session shall be kept in readiness.
- The physical inspection of all session sites must be conducted by block Task Force Committee members and 20% by the district Task Force Committee members. The assessment checklist (Annexure 6) of the COVID 19 Operational Guideline shall be filled up for each session site and Chapter 7.2 (session site planning & management) shall be followed meticulously for session site planning.
- After finalization & approval of session sites by the blocks / urban Task Force, it should be submitted to the district for final approval by the District / City Task Force.
- If any of the session site or vaccinator is not uploaded in the Co-WIN portal previously, the same must be created/uploaded in the portal immediately by DDM, DVLM & ICA. They shall work in a team under the guidance of ADPHO (FW) / ADUPHO for time), uploading, creating and scheduling the sessions & other activities as required.
- The session allocation/scheduling process most be completed within 2 days after receiving date of vaccination from State.
- The printed / soft copy of session — cum — beneficiary list shall be shared with the concerned facility for printing of 3 copies after session scheduling.
- 24 X 7 Control room shall be functionalized at the district & block level for addressing different issues. Details of Control Room shall be shared urgently.
The Health dept ACS further requested to complete the session site identification and approval of same by District Task Force by 6th January 2021 positively.