Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for maintaining social distancing at markets amid coronavirus outbreak.
To regulate crowd/gathering in accordance with Social Distancing norms at essential commodity stores, daily market and Haats, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) issued Standard Operating Procedure to be followed in and outside aforesaid establishments.
Here are some important aspects of the Standard Operating Procedure :
- There shall be Preferably Permanent marking in Circle or Square shape outside the essential commodity establishments distancing about 2.0 Mts either in a straight line or as per space availability which will be used as a queue line for the customers.
- For Daily Markets and Haats, the ZDCs in consultation with Market association will ensure that each vendor will sit at least 10 mts apart so that there will be sufficient space available for customers. If the existing vendors are not being accommodated in the existing space with 10 Mts distance then the Zonal DCs should identify a nearby vacant place and accommodate the extra vendors in consultation with the market association.
- The Zonal DCs, in consultation with the market association, will work out a plan for opening of 50% shops on each day. The 50% shops opened on any day should be in such a way that at least one shop between two opened shops must be closed. If shops are already located in at least 10 Mts distance then this point may not be followed.
- The market associations and shop keepers should also be oriented about keeping proper distancing while giving articles to the customers. The shopkeepers should pack the goods in the bag of the customer and keep the bag at a reasonable distance after packing and distance himself/herself so that the customer can pick his bag without coming closer to the shopkeeper. The monetary transaction should also be done in the similar manner as that of handing and taking over of purchased articles.
- As the orders relating to regulating the markets from 6.00 A.M. to 6.00 P.M. is not in force, the market associations may be sensitized to operate the markets as usual.
- The market association shall take the responsibility for cleaning of the entire market at least two days in a week