New Delhi: This arbi fry makes a healthy side dish for your dal-chawal. It is super simple to make yet amazingly delicious.
- 250 grams colocasia roots (arbi or taro root)
- 1.5 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
- oil for frying
- few fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or sendha namak if making for religious fast (or regular salt for other days)
- water to cook the arbi
- Pressure cook, steam or microwave the arbi till they are almost cooked.
- Drain. Take each arbi in your hand and peel of the skin.
- Now if you want then lightly press the arbi with your hands.
- Shallow or deep fry the arbi in oil till golden brown.
- In another pan, add little oil.
- Add the carom seeds and fry for a minute.
- Now add both the spice powders, coriander and red chili powder.
- Mix well and add the fried arbi to this seasoning. Mix the arbi well.
- Add amchur powder and salt. Mix again well.
- Garnish sukhi arbi with some chopped mint leaves and serve hot.