Close Shave For Family As Car Catches Fire

Cuttack: Five members of a family, including two children, had a close shave after their moving car caught fire near Madhupur village in the district on Monday.

Dillip Biswal, a resident of Purushottampur village in Badachana block of Jajpur district, said he along with his family was returing from a friend’s place in Mahanga.

“As we reached near Madhupur village, we noticed smoke emitting from the dashboard. We assumed that there must have been a short-circuit, and slowed the car when suddenly, the engine caught fire. We jumped out to save ourselves,” said Dillip.

On being informed, fire tenders reached the spot and doused the fire before it could spread further.

Breaking