Bhubaneswar: In view of the Budget Session of Odisha Assembly beginning from today, the Commissionerate Police has restricted traffic movements on roads connecting the Assembly.
Security has been beefed up with 30 platoons of the police force being deployed around the assembly and the secretariat.
A police team will also remain on standby with blankets and water to prevent any suicide attempts. The winter session had seen three such bids.
The traffic restricts on roads approaching the assembly are as follows:
- The stretch between Raj Bhawan to MLA colony and Rabindra Mandap Square has been restricted. Commuters have to take a detour through Sastri Nagar to reach their destination.
- Vehicles from 120-Battalion square will be diverted via PowerHouse Square.
- Commuters coming from AG square to PMG will have to take a right turn from Jayadev Bhawan.
- While Master Canteen-Lower PMG stretch is open for commuters, they can’t move towards Mahatma Gandhi Marg using this road.
- Commuters coming from Housing Board will have to take a left turn from Keahsari Square to head towards their destination.
Comments are closed.