Health Benefits Of Apple Peels; Know Here
New Delhi: Food wastage is a disaster, not just for the environment but also for the food itself. Many times we let useful food scraps go to waste without releasing the many benefits they could bring us. Vegetables and food peels, for instance, should go on our plate instead of ending up in the trash. Do you know that apple peels are just as nutritious as the fruit itself?
Apple peels are rich in vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C that helps boost immunity and maintains skin health. Here are some recipe ideas you can pick your cues from to make some decadents with no-more-waste apple peels.
Here are six benefits of apple peels:
- In apple peel, quercetin compound helps to protect brain cells from damage and prevents memory loss, and also increases the concentration.
- Apple peel greatly supports regulating blood sugar. People with blood sugar or diabetes should eat an apple with the skin. It helps to keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Apple peel reduces the risk of glaucoma. It is good for the health of your eyes.
- The apple peel helps prevent tooth decay and cavity. Actually, apple salad is produced from the peel which is very useful for teeth.
- Quercetin is a type of flavonoid that is found in apple peel. This not only reduces inflammation but also has properties of anti-oxidant. This element prevents the setting of the platelet so that the blood clots do not form in the arteries. Heart muscles also get relief, which also helps in reducing heart attacks.
- One of the major advantages of apple peel is that the amount of antioxidants in it is very high, due to which it is very helpful in preventing cancer. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition and Cancer said that these antioxidants help to protect against various types of cancer such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, etc.