Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today issued operational guidelines for the opening of shops and other establishments in Bhubaneswar.
Here are the guidelines:-
Prohibited Category / Activities:
- All Domestic and international air travel of passengers from BPAI except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purposes or for purposes as permitted by Govt of India/Govt of Odisha.
- All Schools, Colleges, educational training/coaching institutions etc. However online/distance learning is permitted and encouraged.
- All Social/Political/Sports/Entertainment/Academic/Cultural/religious functions/other gatherings and large congregations.
- All religious places/places of worships shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Sports Complexes, Stadia and other facilities will be permitted to open and sports activities are allowed for sportspersons, players; however spectators will not be allowed.
- Hotels/Motels/Lodges/Guest houses and other hospitality services other than those used for housing health/police/Govt officials/healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and those used for quarantine facilities. Canteens run at bus depots, railway stations and airports will not be allowed. Restaurants shall be allowed to operate for take away/Home Delivery purpose only.
- All Cinema Halls/Gymnasiums/Game Parlours/Swimming Pools/Entertainment Parks/Theatres/Bars/Auditoriums/Assembly Halls and similar places.
- Multi-storeyed shopping malls having shops/outlets of leading merchandisers/Food Courts/Multiplexes etc having area of more than 40000 Sq Ft. The list of such mall is Annexed to this order. The stores selling Grocery/Vegetables/medicines existing in the these mall will be allowed to operate. Further all Govt. or Private offices within the building/structure of these malls will also be allowed to function.
- All other activities except those which are specifically prohibited will be permitted.
Conditions and timing of operation:
- All the guidelines issued by Govt of India/Govt of Odisha/BMC relating to social distancing shall be applicable and it will be the responsibility of the shop owners to ensure it.
- Wearing of Mask by each Employee of the Shops/commercial establishments etc. is mandatory.
- Employees having FLU like symptoms shall not be allowed to work in any shop/commercial establishment.
- Provision of Hand washing/Sanitizers for the employees should be ensured by the Shop Owners.
- All the vegetable/Grocery markets will continue to function as decentralized places as per previous Order of BMC.
- Barber Shops/Saloons/Beauty Parlours owners should ensure wearing of proper PPE like Face Mask/Hand Gloves etc and also ensure proper hand hygine of the employee and customers.
- All eatery/tiffin and small shops will be allowed to function for the purpose of take away only. They shall not let the customers use the shop or its near vicinity for eating in.
- All the retail Shops other than medicine shops shall be allowed to operate from 07.00 AM to 06.30 PM only.
- The movement of individuals, for all non-essential activities shall remain strictly prohibited between 7.00 PM to 07.00 AM. Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below 10 years shall stay at home except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
- There shall be no bar on movement of essential service providers like Health. drinking water, sanitation. Electricity Supply, officials on emergency/COVID-19 duty and private officials who have their operational working hours beyond the restricted hours like Call Centres/IT Services etc.
- The Shop Owners/Market Association will be responsible for ensuring social distancing, Hygine and other protocols issued by Govt/BMC within the markets/individual shops. Any violation in this regard will attract penal provision as well as closure of shops/markets.