New Delhi: Kaju Pista Roll is an Indian sweet made with cashews and pistachios. These rolls have a layer of pistachio dough covered with a layer of smooth cashew dough. Rich and decadent!
For Pistachios Dough:
- ¾ cup pistachios / pista (powdered)
- ¼ cup sugar (powdered)
- 3 drops of green food colour (optional)
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 3 tbsp water (or as required to prepare dough)
For Kaju Dough:
- 1 cup cashew (powdered)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1/8 th tsp cardamom powder / elaichi powder
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- silver vark / saffron – optional
Pistachios dough recipe:
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take pistachios powder and powdered sugar.
- Also, add green food colour and mix well.
- Now add water little by little and knead.
- Further, add milk powder and knead to a non-sticky dough.
- Sugar syrup recipe:
- Firstly, take sugar and water.
- Furthermore, stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1 string consistency.
Kaju Dough Recipe:
- Firstly, add cashew powder to the sugar syrup and give a good mix.
- Further, add cardamom powder add a tsp of ghee.
- Continue till the dough is formed leaving the pan.
- transfer the cashew dough onto the butter paper.
- Furthermore, grease your hand with little ghee and knead for 30 seconds.
- Finally, roll the dough lightly thick.
Kaju Pista Roll Recipe:
- Firstly, cut the rolled cashew dough in half.
- Further, take prepared pistachios dough and roll it into a long cylinder.
- Then slowly start to wrap the cashew sheet and roll enclosing the pistachio roll.
- Then slowly roll to make the Kaju Pista roll smooth and uniform cylinder.
- Finally cut the roll 2 inches long and serve.