Bhadrak: Bike catches fire, close shave for uncle-nephew duo

39

Bhadrak: Two persons escaped narrowly after the motorcycle they were riding came in contact with 11 KV electric wire near Guanla under Dhamara police limits in Bhadrak district.

According to sources, the incident occurred this morning while the uncle-nephew duo was on their way to the nearby market. The 11 kV wire snapped from the electric pole and swung towards the duo. However, a frond of a coconut tree fell on them throwing them out of the bike.

Meanwhile, the motorcycle caught on fire after coming in contact with the high voltage wire. While the victims escaped with minor injuries, the bike was completely damaged in the incident.

Notably, in a similar incident on Sunday, at least nine persons were killed in a tragic road mishap near Golanthara in Ganjam district.

Also Read: Close shave for passengers after tourist bus touches live wire

Also Read: Ganjam: Five killed, several hurt as bus catches fire near Golanthara

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.