Beat Your Monday Blues With Delicious Mango Coconut Jelly
New Delhi: Mango Coconut Jelly is an easy recipe made with mango pulp and cornflour. The recipe is known for its wobbly and bouncy texture which is made without gelatine and agar-agar.
- 350 grams mango (ripened)
- ½ cup (75 grams) of cornflour
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup (160 grams) sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut (for coating)
- Firstly, in a blender take 350 grams of mango and blend to smooth puree. you can also use store brought mango pulp.
- Transfer the mango pulp to a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup cornflour and 1 cup water.
- Whisk and mix well making sure everything is well combined without any lumps. keep aside.
- In a large Kadai take ¾ cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Stir and dissolve the sugar completely.
- Now add in the prepared mango cornflour mixture and stir continuously.
- Stir on low to medium flame until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Add a tbsp of ghee and continue to stir until the mixture absorbs all the ghee.
- Further, add a tbsp more ghee and starts to mix continuously in batches.
- After 30 minutes the mixture will start to turn glossy absorbing almost 4 tbsp of ghee.
- Now add 2 tbsp more ghee and ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- Mix well until the ghee starts to release from the sides. it takes almost 40 minutes to cook completely.
- Now transfer the halwa mixture to a greased pan and level it up.
- Rest for 2 hours or until it cools completely.
- Unmould the jelly and cut it into desired shapes.
- Also, roll into desiccated coconut for extra flavour.
- Finally, enjoy mango jelly or mango halwa for a week.