Nuapada: A ASHA worker died after she was bitten by a snake in Nuapada district today. Besides, a youth, who also met with the same fate is undergoing treatment at the district headquarters hospital here.
The deceased has been identified as Santilata Majhi of Patel Pada of Gorla village
According to sources, Santilata was sleeping in her home when a venomous snake bite her. The woman was rushed to Mission Hospital at Khariar. However, she died while undergoing treatment.
In another incident, one Dinesh Sahoo, a 19-year-old youth of Salebhata village under Nuapada Notified Area Council (NAC) limits was bitten by a venomous snake on Friday night.
However, Dinesh’s condition is stated to be stable now.