Bhubaneswar: The 98th meeting of the State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) held today under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra approved 8 new industrial projects to the tune of Rs 1242.02 crore in the Metal & Metal Downstream, IT & ESDM, Manufacturing, Logistics and Tourism sectors. These industrial projects are further expected to render 3135 employment opportunities in the state.
The details of the 8 new industrial projects for which in-principle approval was accorded by SLSWCA is listed below:
- A 30,000 MTPA Atomized Iron Powder plant by M/s SLM Powders Private Limited against an investment of Rs 67.83 crore to be set up in IDCO – Kalunga Industrial Estate, Dist – Sundergarh, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 430 persons.
- A manufacturing unit of PET Preforms and Closures (Unit-II) of 24,000 tonnes /annum capacity for the Food & Beverage Industries to be set up by M/s Oricon Enterprises Ltd in Khordha with an investment of Rs 120 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 110 persons.
- A Manufacturing unit for production of Solar Panel, Advanced storage batteries like Li-ion Battery, Electronics Products for Energy Management, Electromechanical Components and USB data cable and HDMI cable by M/s Surya International at EMC Park (Info Valley), Dist- Khordha with an investment of Rs 67.50 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 680 persons.
- A Logistics Park by M/s Jagannath Industrial and Logistics Parks Private Limited at Tangi Choudwar in Cuttack with an investment of Rs 140 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 110 persons.
- Integrated Heavy Beach Sands Project by IREL IDCOL Ltd. at Krushnaprasad in Puri with an investment of Rs 460 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 800 persons.
- A 5-star Hotel-cum-Luxury Resort by M/s Pravat Hospitality Private Limited in Puri with an investment of Rs 135.69 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 350 persons.
- A 5-star Luxury Resort by M/s. Swosti Premium Ltd in Puri with an investment of Rs 134 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 310 persons.
- A 4-star Hotel by Hotel Eden Roc in Bhubaneswar with an investment of Rs 117 crore, which will generate potential employment opportunities for over 345 persons.
With major reforms, IPICOL has recently submitted the State Reform Action Plan (SRAP) – 2020 as stipulated by DPIIT, Government of India. Odisha has considerably improved the ease of doing business, through a string of reforms. These, calibrated with the government’s policy initiatives, have helped the State attract investments worth of Rs 1,20,456.74 Crores in the last 1 year across the six focused sectors.
Located on the east coast of India, Odisha has a coastline of 480 km along the Bay of Bengal. The modern State of Odisha was formed on 1 April 41936 but its history dates to the era of Kalinga mentioned in the Mahabharata. Over the years the state has maintained a unique cultural identity distinct from all of its neighbouring States. Traditionally, the State has been known for its mineral and mining strength. Since the turn of the millennium, the focus of the State has shifted to manufacturing and services industrial growth. The State Government has also taken several unique initiatives to ensure that a hassle-free and conducive business environment is provided to the investors setting up units in the State. This website is a one-stop location for all such information.
Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) is the single point of contact for all industrial investments in the State. IPICOL is responsible for devising the investment promotion, facilitation and aftercare strategy for the state of Odisha. IPICOL, as the investment promotion agency of the State of Odisha, undertakes all activities to promote Odisha as the investment destination of choice.