7-year-old boy climbs over transformer, charred to death
Malkangiri: A 7-year-old boy was charred to death after climbing over an electricity transformer at Patanaguda village under Kairaput block in Malkangiri district.
The deceased was identified as Rajendra Sisa.
According to sources, the minor boy climbed up the high-voltage electric transformer in order to catch a bird. He was charred to death after coming in contact with high voltage electricity wire.
On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and sent the body to a local hospital for post mortem. It is suspected that the boy held on to a cable above him in order to establish a proper grip following which he got the shock, sources added.