Puri: As many as 11 families rendered homeless after 21 rooms of their houses were gutted in a fire mishap on Monday night at Machhapada village under Delang block in Puri district.
Although no loss of life was reported, valuables worth lakhs of rupees including electronic gadgets, household items, groceries, and many important documents were reduced to ashes.
According to reports, fire broke out at a house and it rapidly engulfed other nearby houses. Properties worth lakhs of rupees including furniture were completely reduced to ashes. On being informed, fire service personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
It is being alleged that someone intentionally set the rooms on fire over past enmity. Reportedly, a probe has been initiated to ascertain the actual cause of fire.