21 New Disciplines Added For Government Jobs Under Sports Quota
New Delhi: The Centre has included 21 new sports disciplines like Mallakhamb, Sepak Takraw, among others for direct recruitment of meritorious sportspersons to any post in Group ‘C’ in Ministries/Department of Government of India.
The new sports disciplines include- Baseball, Cycle Polo, Fencing, Mallakhamb, Net Ball, Pencak Silat, Roll Ball, Sepak Takraw, Tenpin Bowling, Tug-of-war, Tennis Ball Cricket, Body-Building, Deaf Sports, Kudo, Motor Sports, Para Sports (for sports discipline included in para-Olympics and Para Asian Games), Shooting Ball, Rugby, Soft Tennis, Triathlon and Wushu.
Meanwhile, the Government has formulated several schemes to promote sports and improve the level of sports in the country including in rural areas, said Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju.
These are the following schemes:
- Khelo India Scheme
- Assistance to National Sports Federations
- Special Awards to Winners in International sports events and their Coaches
- National Sports Awards, Pension to Meritorious Sports Persons
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay National Sports Welfare Fund
- National Sports Development Fund
- Running Sports Training Centres through Sports Authority of India