20 rooms of seven families gutted in Rayagada


Rayagada: As many as 20 rooms of seven families were gutted in a major fire that broke out in Chintalguda village under Gunupur block late last night.

Though no loss of life has been reported, furniture and other assets were reduced to cinders.

After receiving information about the mishap, fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.

Though the actual reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that a short-circuit might have triggered the fire.

In a similar incident, nearly 16 rooms were reduced to ashes in a major fire in Sialanai village in Mayurbhanj district. Properties worth lakhs were destroyed in the mishap while people escaped unhurt, sources said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.