Gajapati: As many as 7 families rendered homeless after 14 rooms of their houses were gutted in a fire mishap at Hadupadar village under Adaba Police limits in the district.
Although no loss of life was reported, valuables worth lakhs of rupees including electronic gadgets, household items, groceries, and many important documents were reduced to ashes.
According to reports, fire broke out at a house and it rapidly engulfed other nearby houses. Properties worth lakhs of rupees including furniture were completely reduced to ashes. On being informed, fire service personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
However, the exact reason behind the mishap yet to be ascertained.