Malkangiri: As cases of Covid-19 continued to surge in Odisha, the Malkangiri district administration has made 14 days institutional or paid quarantine mandatory for people coming to the district from 13 hotspot districts of Odisha.
The 13 districts include– Ganjam, Cuttack, Khurda, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Puri, Dhenkanal, Sundergarh, Nayagarh, Kendrapara, Gajapati, Balasore and Jagatsinghpur.
Besides, in case, the quarantinee develops symptoms requiring medical attention, he/she may be shifted to COVID care centre or COVID hospital.
Following categories of Returnees can be allowed to undergo 14 days of home:
- a) Pregnant and lactating mothers
- b) children below the age of 10 years
- c) persons with co-morbidities
- d) persons above 65 years of age. etc.
The following categories of Returnees shall be exempt from mandatory quarantine, upon arrival in Malkangiri District:
- a) Govt. officials, Professionals, businessmen or any other person travelling to Ma!sangin on work and intending to exit the District by road within 72 hrs .
- b) Govt. officials, Professionals. businessmen or any other person who have travelled from Malkangiri on work and are returning to this District within 72 hrs of departure from Malkangiri.