10 houses gutted in fire in Dhenkanal village


Dhenkanal: As many as 10 houses were gutted after a massive fire broke out in Kendudhipa village under Bhuban block in Dhenkanal district in the wee hours of Thursday.

The mishap occurred when the villagers were sleeping. However, no casualty or injury has been reported.

Properties including furniture, ornaments, cash and other articles worth several lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes.

According to sources, the fire broke out at one Nrusingha Nayak’s house and later engulfed to the adjoining houses within minutes, in the congested locality.

On being informed, fire service personnel reached the spot and doused the flames.

“We demand district administration to compensate out losses and provide us houses as we have nowhere else to live”, said an affected villager.

In another mishap in Jagatsinghpur district, the house of a woman was reduced to ashes after a fire broke out in the house near Charchika bazaar.

The victim has been identified as Nalini Das. Though the exact reason for the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the fire was caused due to an electrical short circuit.

On being informed, firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flames.

Similarly, a cloth store was burnt to cinders in a fire mishap at Rahama Bazaar.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.