Woman, daughter charred to death after LPG leakage triggers fire

3

Kamakhyanagar: A woman and her daughter were charred to death while her husband sustained critical injuries after their house caught fire due to gas leakage. The incident took place at Godipatna sahi in New Bhubana village under Bhubana police limits in Dhenkanal district on Friday morning.

The deceased have been identified as Mamata Pothala and her daughter Jyotsnamayee. In the incident, Mamata’s husband Duryadhan sustained critical injuries.

According to sources, the incident occurred in the wee hours when Mamata went to kitchen to make tea. However, Mamata before lighting up the burner, turned the gas on for few minutes. Later, when she lit up the fire, the gas cylinder caught fire immediately, said a source.

The blaze engulfed the whole house in a matter of seconds and the woman-daughter were the first victims of it. Hearing their scream, Duryadhan rushed to save them but received critical burn injuries.

While Mamata and Jyotsnamayee were charred to death,  Duryadhan was rushed to Bhubana community health centre (CHC) by the neighbours.

On being informed, police reached the spot and launched a prob into the matter. The body has been seized and sent for post-mortem.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.