Dhenkanal: A tusker was electrocuted to death after it came in contact with a live electric wire in Mahalunda Dengabori forest under Nuapada village panchayat near Hindola area of Dhenkanal district on Friday.
According to sources, the elephant aged nearly 20 to 25 years was found dead in Dengabori reserve forest. Electric wires were found entangled on the elephant’s body.
It is suspected that some hunters might have laid a trap for animals in which the pachyderm was caught and died of electrocution.
On being informed, forest department official reached the spot and launched a probe into the matter.