Three of family critical in mosquito coil fire in Cuttack

6

Athagarh: Three members of a family including two minors sustained critical burn injuries in a fire that broke out in their house in Bentapada village under Athagarh police limits in Cuttack district last night.

The victims were identified as Jinajini Sahoo (30), her son Asish Sahoo (9) and daughter Arpita Sahoo (12).

According to sources, the Jinajini along with her son and daughter was asleep in their house on Thursday night when their house caught fire from the flames of a burning mosquito coil. Hearing their screams, other family members rushed to their rescue and doused the fire.

The injured were rushed to the Athagarh Community Health Centre (CHC) by the family members. They were later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after their condition deteriorated.

On being informed, police reached the spot and launched an investigation into the matter.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.