Temple priest electrocuted in Bargarh

3

Bargarh: A 45-year-old priest was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire near his house at Bugabugah village under Attabira police limits in Bargarh district on Sunday.

The deceased identified as Gayadhar Guru of Bugabugah village was a priest in the village Shiva temple. He is survived by two sons and a daughter.

According to sources, the incident occurred today morning when Gayadhar was busy with his daily household work and accidentally came in contact with a live low-tension line, passing through his house. He died on the spot.

The villagers have demanded Rs 2 lakh compensation for the deceased’s next of kin. Meanwhile, the locals have also alleged that negligence of electricity department’s is the major reason behind the mishap.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.