PRAGATIVADI:LEADING ODIA DAILY


Headlines

Temple priest electrocuted in Bargarh

Temple priest electrocuted in Bargarh

Bargarh: A 45-year-old priest was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire near his house at Bugabugah village under Attabira police limits in Bargarh district on Sunday.

The deceased identified as Gayadhar Guru of Bugabugah village was a priest in the village Shiva temple. He is survived by two sons and a daughter.

According to sources, the incident occurred today morning when Gayadhar was busy with his daily household work and accidentally came in contact with a live low-tension line, passing through his house. He died on the spot.

The villagers have demanded Rs 2 lakh compensation for the deceased’s next of kin. Meanwhile, the locals have also alleged that negligence of electricity department’s is the major reason behind the mishap.

Comments

Most Popular

To Top