Bhubaneswar: Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu today flagged off various Rail Infra projects alongwith Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and other BJD and BJP leaders including Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Tribal Affairs Jual Oram.
Prabhu first paid tributes to former MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra at his Shahid Nagar residence. Later, he flagged off the various projects of the railways alongwith CM Patnaik. The various projects include:
- Khurda Road-Rajsunakhala-Khurda Road passenger trains to Bolagarh
- Rourkela Bhubaneswar Rajyarani Express to Gunupur
- Foundation Stone Laying of Khurda Road Bypass Line
- Bondamunda Rourkela 4th line
- Multidisciplinary Training Centre at Jagatpur Cuttack
- Maintenance facilities for MEMU units at Khurda Road
- One lift and two escalators were inaugurated at Bhubaneswar Railway Station
- Raising and Extension of Platform 1, 2 and new approach road at Jharsuguda road station
- inauguration of newly commissioned Handapa-Saragipalli double line section
Prabhu also visited the Digi Dhan Mela hosted by the Central Government at the Bhubaneswar Railway station where public is being taught how to use digital technology for cashless payment and use of Bhim App. Also, advantages of cashless transactions are being explained at the event.