Scooter caught fire at Khan Nagar petrol pump


Cuttack: A man sustained injuries when his scooter caught fire at Sandeepa  filling station near Khannagar area here on Friday morning. The injured person named Ali Rajak (aged 50) was rushed to City Hospital with burns on his legs and hands.

As per sources, the two wheeler (Honda Dio) bearing number OR-02-W-3972 caught fire when the man tried to kick start it after filling fuel. The filling station employees shifted the burning scooter to an open place and tried to douse the flames with a fire extinguisher and dry chemical powder. However, the efforts went in vain and the scooter was reduced to cinders within a few minutes.

Later, the fire brigade officials reached the spot and found the scooter completely gutted near the filling station. Bidanasi fire officer Laxmidhar Pradhan said that the blaze could have been extinguished much earlier, had the petrol pump employees used all the safety measures available with them.

However, Rajak being injured at his leg was immediately in the city hospital for treatment.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.