New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation through his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat on Sunday.
In today’s address, PM Modi began by speaking about the monsoon season, which brings both joy and flood. He said that the government is doing all it can to help those who stranded because of floods.
The Prime Minister also spoke extensively about mega reform GST, which he said has truly transformed the economy.
Here are the highlights of PM Narendra Modi’s Mann ki Baat speech:
- GST is Good and Simple Tax. Its positive impact on our economy in a short span can be a case study for economists worldwide. It is also an example of cooperative federalism. All decisions taken by both Centre & States.
- Today, we do not have to die for the nation. We have to live for our nation and take it to new heights of progress.
- Our festivals also bring economic opportunities for the poor. Festivals are directly connected with the upliftment of the poor. It drives their economic activities. Festivals light the lamp of prosperity in the homes of the poor.
- In this day and age, expectations are raised so much. And then, if our team can’t win some people don’t even respect basic decencies.
- But, the way India supported the women’s cricket team shows a shift. I am happy how India took pride in the team’s accomplishment.