New Delhi: In a bid to promote cashless transactions Niti Aayog on Thursday announced awards for digital payment makers. Announcing some key initiatives during a press meet, Aayog’s CEO Amitabh Kant said:
- 15,000 winners chosen randomly will get Rs 1000 each for 100 days starting this Christmas. The scheme will begin from December 25 2016 to April 14, 2017.
- On April 14 a mega prize of Rs 1 crore will be awarded to consumer while the second prize which is of 50 lakh and the third prize of Rs 25 lakh will be awarded.
- 7000 weekly draws with maximum prize of Rs 1 lakh each for consumers and maximum award of Rs 50,000 each for merchants has been declared.
- The scheme will not cover transactions above Rs 5000 and below Rs 50.
- Transactions can be made using RuPay, USSD, UPI and AEPS whereas payments through credit cards and e-wallets won’t be counted.
The development came after Union Finance Ministry’s announcement of multiple incentives from discounts on fuel, highway tax, railway tickets for online payment makers.