Bhubaneswar: A dense fog enveloped the Monday morning of the smart city forcing people to start their daily routine a bit late from their scheduled times and further bringing down the visibility levels affecting commuters in the city.
The commuters faced hardships today due to foggy morning while the vehicles moved at snail’s pace with their headlights on. Kids covered in woolen clothes and uniforms were seen rushing to the schools amid chill and fog while people including laborers and small store shopkeepers lit firewood and coal to keep themselves warm.
As per the sources, the same condition would also prevail in the coming days till January 6.
However, the commuters facing hardships in driving during this foggy climate may be alerted with the following precautionary tips;
- Keep your headlights on when driving in foggy conditions.
- Ensure to stay on your lane while driving on the road.
- Never rush to get out of the fog.
- Increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front to more than normal so that you can brake safely.
- Avoid distractions such as mobile phones, earphones or the stereo to keep full attention to the road conditions.