PRAGATIVADI:LEADING ODIA DAILY

Breaking News


Twin City

New Housing Project: BDA to develop 2600 EWS houses by April’17

EWS housing

Bhubaneswar: Keeping in view the high rates for getting a house in the capital city, Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) in a bid to provide houses to the denizens of the city at a reasonable price have planned to create a stock of 2600  number of EWS houses in Chandrasekharpur area in the city with over 20.31 acres of land.

The proposed project will be developed through Public-Private-Partnership model. The houses will come up with a super built-up area of 32.2 square metres or 346.6 square feet with common facilities including drinking water supply, road network, power supply, street lights, solid waste management and drainage system.

There would also be additional infrastructure like primary school, Anganwadi Centre, public health centre and shopping cluster in the immediate neighbourhood. The location of the project is at one of the most developed areas in the state capital with Lumbini Vihar, Buddha Jayanti Park and many prominent colonies in the neighbourhood. The location of the project is 11 km from the city railway station, 9 km from the City Centre and 12 km from the Biju Pattnaik International Airport.

The request for proposal (RFP) has been issued by the development authority as per the Model-III of Policy for Housing for All in Urban Areas, Odisha, 2015, to promote development of affordable housing units in the State. The RFP issued by the development authority is as per the Model-III of Policy for Housing for All in Urban Areas, Odisha, 2015 to promote development of affordable housing units in the State.

As per the model, the successful bidder in the process will develop 65 percent land of the 20.31 acres area into affordable housing cluster of 2,600 units along with other essential and additional infrastructure with its own cost. The rest 35 percent of land would be developed into high-end houses or commercial complexes to sell them at market rates. This development of the commercial segment of the project would be governed by Real Estate Regulations Act, 2016.

However, while BDA has already fixed a target of developing 10,000 Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) houses by April 2017, so far already 7000 EWS units have already been develop.

Comments

Most Popular

Follow us on

Archives

Subscribe Our News

Enter Your Email Address

Copyright © 2016 Pragativadi. Powered by 4u Software Solutions

To Top