Berhampur: A five-year-old boy died after he accidentally consumed diesel while playing at a construction site in Kaliaghai village under Saragada police limits in the district last evening.
The deceased minor hailed from Pathara village of Kabisuryanagar. He had gone on a visit to his maternal grandparents at Ramakrushnapur village.
According to sources, the victim along with his grandfather went to an under-construction site where he accidentally consumed diesel thinking it as water.
Spotting him unconscious, family members rushed him to MKCG Medical College and Hospital from where he was referred to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. However, the minor boy succumbed on the way to the hospital.