Bhubaneswar: Investments through major projects were announced on Thursday at Make In Odisha conclave underway in the city. Participating company chiefs revealed their investment plans in the state during the second day of the conference at a private hotel in the city attended by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and CEOs and COOs of various top companies.
Odisha will see investments as high as Rs 2.5 lakh crores by 2025 creating 30 lakh job opportunities, said CM Patnaik. He also cited the initiative of Odisha to study proposals for projects online. Finance Minister Jaitley also lauded Odisha’s growth over the last two decades for emerging into one of the most developed states in east India. Jaitley said the number of BPL families in Odisha has reduced by half over the years.
Earlier, today the CM launched two major apparel manufacturing units in Mancheswar of Aditya Birla and Shahi Exports and another a Food Processing Unit by ITC at Khurda. The Aditya Birla apparel manufacturing is set up with a Rs 53 crore investment and has generated 1595 jobs while that of Shahi Exports is built with Rs 36 crore and can employ 2200 people.
Major investments were announced by top companies during the second day of Make In Odisha. The CM also met 19 top industry leaders on a one-on-one basis in a meeting that lasted two hours today.
Investments in Odisha:
- Tata Kalinga Nagar project- Rs 12,000 crores investment, said Tata Steel Managing Director TV Narendran
- JSW declare a large steel plant and also a cement plant and coal berth in Paradip, said Chairman Sajjan Jindal
- Adani Group will invest Rs 15,000 crore said Gautam Adani, Chairman of the group. He also said that Dhamra port will be turned into the largest port of the country.
- Coca Cola will invest Rs 500 crores said CEO T Krishnakumar of Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages that has a plant in Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar.
- In three years ITC will invest Rs 800 crore said Sanjeev Puri, ITC COO. ITC’s Food Processing Unit was launched today at Mancheswar and another five star hotel under Welcome brand will come up in Bhubaneswar.