Major fire mishap averted at Pattamundai CHC

9

Pattamundai: A massive fire broke out inside the Pattamundai Community Health Centre in Kendrapara district late last night.

The fire erupted inside the Niramaya drug distribution centre inside of the hospital at around 2 am on Friday night.

Employees of the hospital immediately called up the fire office, following which a major fire mishap was averted. On receiving calls, fire personnel rushed to the spot and manage to douse the flames after an hour-long effort.

Thought medicine stocks, computer and other valuables worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted, no injury was reported in the mishap.

It is suspected that an electric short circuit inside the medicine distribution centre might have triggered the fire.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.