Four houses gutted in fire in Bhadrak village

9

Bhadrak: At least 15 rooms of four houses were reduced to ashes in a massive fire, which broke out at Badabansata village under Bhandaripokhari block in Bhadrak district last night. However, no loss of life was reported.

The ill-fated houses belonged to Ramesh Sahu, Bapu Sahu, Suli Sahu, and Gouranga Sahu of the same village.

Reportedly, the fire erupted at Ramesh Sahu’s house at around 1 am, while his family was asleep. In a matter of minutes, the blaze engulfed the neighbouring houses of Bapu, Suli, and Gouranga.

Household assets like furniture, electronic goods, and paddy worth lakhs were reduced to cinders before they could douse the flames it.

On being informed, the Bhandaripokhari fire service personnel reached the spot and doused the flames. The reason behind the fire is yet to be known.

Meanwhile, the villagers have demanded compensation for the families that have been rendered homeless in the mishap.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.