Headlines

Fire mishap claims five-year-old’s life

Fire mishap claims five-year-old's life

Rayagada: A five-year-old boy, who sustained burn injuries in a fire mishap in Indrapada village near Maniguda in Rayagada district on Saturday night, died while being shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Ganjam today.

The incident took place when a grocery shop caught fire in the late hours of Saturday. The minor boy, who was present in the shop at that time sustained critical burn injuries. Some locals rescued the boy and alerted the matter to the fire fighters, who then reached and douse the blaze.

The minor boy was rushed to the Ambadola hospital and then admitted to Bisam Cuttack hospital. Later, he was referred to the MKCG after his condition worsened.

Sources said the boy succumbed to his injuries on the way to the hospital. When informed, police reached the village and launched a probe into the incident.

The police suspect that the fire could have erupted due to short-circuit.  However the real reason behind the mishap will be revealed after the preliminary investigation report, police said.

Comments

Most Popular

To Top