Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out in the Treasury office at Unit-3 of the city on Wednesday triggering panic. The fire which broke out in the fourth floor of the building was detected at around 9 am. It was suspected to have been caused by a short circuit from an air-conditioner.
The security staffs of the building after detecting the fire informed the Fire Brigade, which rushed to the spot with two fire tenders. The Fire Brigade personnel fortunately managed to douse the flames within a short span of time. Some furniture, a couple of air-conditioners and some documents were gutted in the incident. A fire official said timely steps by their personnel averted a major mishap and there was minimum damage.