PRAGATIVADI:LEADING ODIA DAILY

Breaking News


Headlines

Fire broke out at furniture godown in city

Fire broke out at furniture godown in city

Bhubaneswar: Properties worth lakh of rupees were destroyed as a major fire broke out in a furniture godown at Behera Sahi area of Nayapalli in the city on Thursday evening.

The incident took place in the evening hours, when the locals noticed smoke coming out of the godown located at Plot-1495, Behera Sahi area. Noticing the same, they immediately informed the owner of the godown, named Bijay Sutar. On being informed, Bijay along with his brother immediately rushed the spot. At the time, they opened the lock of the godown, about all the furniture items amounting to lakh of rupees were completely burnt.

While making attepts to save the remaining items, Ranjan was severely injured and also has been hospitalized.

On being informed, three fire trucks reached the spot and it took around two hours to completely to put the fire under control.

However, the exact reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained. As per sources, it is said that short circuit might be the reason behind the same.

 

Though no casualties were reported, a staff of the godown, Ranjan, was critically injured and later rushed to hospital by some locals.

Three fire brigades reached the spot and doused the flames. Though the exact reason of the incident is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the fire erupted due to cooking.

Comments

Most Popular

Follow us on

Archives

Subscribe Our News

Enter Your Email Address

Copyright © 2016 Pragativadi. Powered by 4u Software Solutions

To Top