Angul: Numbers of fire mishaps in the state remains unabated with another minor fire breaking out at Maternity and Child Healthcare (MCH) building located on premises of the district headquarters hospital here on Sunday morning.
However, no casualty has been reported so far in the fire mishap.
According to sources, the fire broke out at around 5.00 am at MCH building. Being informed, a fire tender was presses into service immediately to douse the fire.
The patients and attendants rushed out of the building with their newborn babies after they noticed fire in the building.
Though the exact reason of the fire incident was not known, it was suspected that short circuit in the stabilizer in the ground floor might have been the cause of the fire.