Father-son duo electrocuted in Ganjam

5

Bhanjanagar: A 70-year-old man and his son died after coming in contact with live electric wire at Badapada village, about 80 km from here on Sunday.

The deceased were identified as Abhimanyu Patra and his son Jitendra (45) of Badapada.

According to sources, Jitendra was hanging clothes for drying from an aluminum wire near his house in the evening when an electric wire snapped and fell on the wire. Abhimanyu got an electric shock and screamed for help. Later, his father came to his rescue and in the process, the duo got electrocuted.

The villagers rushed to the spot and took the father-son duo to Bhanjanagar hospital. However, they were declared brought dead.

The deaths of the father-son duo sparked tension in the area. They belonged to a poor farmer family, sources said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.