Bhubaneswar: A gas tank exploded in the Chemistry Laboratory of the Regional Institute of Education (RIE) here on Friday, leaving three girl students injured.
According to sources, the Chemistry students of the college were conducting some experiments in the lab when the chemical mix got overheated and exploded. The injured students were rushed to the Capital Hospital here and later discharged after primary treatment.
Ironically, the college administration found nothing unusual in the incident.
Six students of the group were busy in the experiment when a test tube containing sulfuric acid reacted and exploded spontaneously. Three among them got injured in the incident. They were Sashi, Romita and Snehasuchi.