Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) today hiked electricity tariff. The overall hike is around 1.44 per cent.
While the meter rent remains unchanged, OERC has announced hike in various segments alongwith rebates on fulfilling certain conditions. The hike is not applicable to BPL consumers and for agriculture. Roughly, the hike is around 10 paise per unit. Here are the major points:
- The electricity tariff remains Rs 2.50 per unit upto 50 units; Rs 4.30 per unit between 50 to 200 units and Rs 5.30 per unit between 200 to 400 units; Rs 5.70 per unit for over 400 units
- No change till upto 50 units for domestic consumers
- For retail customers, the hike is 10 paise per unit
- For consumers of rural belts, a rebate of 5 paise per unit is applicable on timely payments
- For cashless payments consumers will get 1 % rebate
- The hike is not applicable for Biju Kutir Jyoti Yojana beneficiaries
- The tariff for hostels of educational institutes using one meter will be calculated by considering 15 % of the total consumption as domestic and next 85% as commercial.