Bhubaneswar: The state Cabinet meeting held here at the State Secretariat on Wednesday has approved to eight important proposals. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Pattnaik.
As per sources, some of the important proposals which received a nod during the meeting include;
- Extend exemption of Value Added Tax (VAT) on pulses till June 30. Notably, Goods and Services Tax (GST) is likely to come into effect from July 1.
- Amendment to Start-Up Policy 2016 put forth by the MSME department
- Provide 3.5-acre land free of cost for setting up of an IT park at Rourkela.
- Allocate five-acre land to OMFED at Barang to set-up a milk processing unit with daily production capacity of 5 lakh litres.
- Provide premium free land to the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
- Amendments to Auditor’s Service Rules and Odisha Forest Cadre Rules.
However, since the assemb;y session is continuing, there was no official declaration of the proposals.