Cuttack: An important preparatory meeting on 2nd ODI between India and England here at the Barabati Cricket Ground was held under the chairmanship of Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) Central range A B Otta here on Tuesday.
Speaking to media men after the meet, OCA Secretary Ashirbad Behera said no water bottles will be allowed into the stadium during the match. All galleries will be enclosed with nets while 132 CCTV cameras will be installed to keep an eye on crowd and prevent any untoward incidents.
We have discussed on garbage reduction that was taken into the stadium. We will also make sure that heights of nets surrounding the galleries are increased, AB Otta said.
The meeting was held keeping in view of the controversial unruly crowd behaviour during the 2nd T20 match against South Africa last year which disrupted the match after the hosts India were bundled out for a mere 92 runs.
The infuriated crowd maddened with India’s lackluster performance pelted water bottles, pouches, eatables into the ground while the visitors were 63/4. Some parts of the stadium especially stands 3 and 4 disrupted the match for about 23 min as South Africa restarted their innings and finished off the match at 96 for 4 with 2.4 overs left.
India takes on England in its 2nd ODI here at the Barabati ground on January 19.