Jeypore: A six-year-old girl was charred to death while her mother and brother sustained grievous burn injuries after a fire mishap took place in their house at Taragaon village under Borigumma block in Koraput district on Monday. Their identity is yet to be ascertained.
According to sources, when the mishap occurred the woman was inside the house with her seven-month old son and six-year-old daughter.
The blaze engulfed the entire house after a petrol container kept inside the house caught fire this morning. Hearing scream of the victims, the neighbours rushed to rescue them.
Till the locals reached, the minor girl had burnt alive. The mother-son duo was initially rushed to the Borigumma hospital from where they were referred to district headquarters hospital.
Later, they were shifted to Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College and Hospital after their condition deteriorated.