Malkangiri: As many as 150 girl students of Badapada SSD High School in cut-off area under Chitrakonda block in Malkangiri district fell ill today after eating breakfast.
According to reports, complaints of vomiting and nausea were reported after the students ate flattened rice was served in the breakfast in the morning.
They were admitted to Badapada hospital. Out of the affected 150 girls, 30 critical students were later shifted to Chitrakonda hospital. They were crossed the river by speed boat of BSF to Janbai and then to the hospital by ambulance.
District collector K Sudarshan reached the spot to take stock of the situation and enquired about the health condition of the students.
Primary inquiry revealed that the food they ate was brought on a vehicle that was loaded with phenyl; the poisonous liquid was mixed with the flattened rice that caused the health problem.