Cuttack: In a heart-wrenching incident, a 13-year-old boy was charred to death and two rooms were reduced to ashes after a fire broke out in a house in Dharmadaspur village under Mahanga block in Cuttack district late last night.
According to sources, the deceased minor identified as Prakash Mishra, son of Pranab Mishra was reportedly sleeping in the house along with his parents when the fire broke out late Sunday night.
Pranab and his wife spotted emission of thick smoke inside the rooms following which they manage to escape out of the house unhurt. However, Prakash failed to move out of house as the fire had already engulfed the room.
On being informed, police and fire personnel rushed to the spot and doused the blaze. Later, Prakash’s charred body was recovered and sent for post-mortem.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the inferno.